Here I am talking about some super-nutritious homemade health drinks that are supremely authentic, homemade and also very delicious.
These drinks will help you become healthier with the right amount of nutrition. These health drinks will boost your immune system, detoxify your body, help you fight against many serious health diseases, and also make you full.
What are the Benefits of Consuming Homemade Health Drinks?
Here I will mention some significant benefits of consuming homemade health drinks:
- Homemade health drinks will give immense energy to your body.
- These drinks are preservatives free, supremely authentic. These do not harm your body.
- The drinks are full of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- The fibers in it, improve your digestive health.
- Antioxidant properties of these drinks detoxify your body.
- Boost your immune system.
- Minerals like calcium, phosphorus will make your bones and teeth stronger.
- Vitamins make your hair and skin healthier.
- Some drinks will help you with weight loss as well.
#15 Top Homemade Health Drinks:
In this list I include juices, beverages, smoothies and also about some traditional Indian health drinks. I will tell you how to make these drinks and also mention exactly how to get most of the benefit from these. If you include these magical health drinks in your diet throughout the year, you will definitely see a vast difference in your health.
1. Lemon Honey Water:
- Lemon honey water is the best health drink for you before starting your day.
- First, take 200 ml of lukewarm water in a glass. Then squeeze a lemon in it. Add 2 teaspoons of honey on it and sip it slowly.
- The lemon has citric acid which helps to flush out all the toxins from the body, clears the skin. It shrinks the fat cells from the body, helps in digestion.
- Honey is effective in cough and cold. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties in it and also controls cholesterol.
- This drink is a must for better digestion and weight loss also.
- Have lemon honey water in an empty stomach every morning for best results.
2. Turmeric Milk:
- Turmeric milk is one of the best health drinks during winter days. It has a miracle power to fight against various diseases.
- To make this heat 200 ml of milk in a pan, add half teaspoon turmeric powder, add a pinch of black pepper in it. Add 1 teaspoon cow ghee and boil it.
- This magical turmeric milk detoxifies the body, cleanses blood vessels, improves skin tone, kills cancer cells as well. It has anti-aging properties.
- This drink will help you increase your immunity and fight against cough, cold and fever.
- Black pepper increases the immersion of turmeric in the body.
- Have this drink 1 hour before going to bed at night in winters.
3. Carrot Milk:
- It is a traditional health drink. In winters carrot milk is a must-have. Not only is it healthy but also very delicious in taste.
- To prepare this, boil a carrot (grated) in water. When it is half boiled, add 200 ml of milk to it. Let it for some time. Add honey or sugar to sweeten it.
- Carrots have vitamin A which makes your skin healthier, removes dark circles, and improves eyesight.
- It is a magical drink for glowing skin.
- You can drink carrot milk at any time of the day.
4. Ragi Malt:
- Ragi malt is a very famous drink in South Indian regions.
- It is a perfect breakfast for you. It makes you full for a long time.
- In a boil mix 3-4 tablespoons of ragi flour, add water to make a paste and boil it.
- Add 1 cup water, a pinch of rock salt, and cook it for a while.
- Add half teaspoon lemon juice and 50 gm curd in it and mix it well.
- This ragi malt promotes weight loss, controls diabetes, battles anemia. That also controls the cholesterol level in the body.
- This health drink is rich in high fiber, amino acids and minerals.
- It is perfect for breakfast.
5. Sattu Sharbat:
- Sattu is roasted gram grounded to fine powder.
- In a glass put 4-5 teaspoons of sattu powder, pour 250 ml water, squeeze half of a lemon in it, add a pinch of black salt in it. Mix it well.
- This is a good source of high protein and minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium.
- This sharbat instantly gives energy to your body, it is also good for skin.
- You can have this drink for breakfast.
6. Buttermilk OR Chhaas:
- Chhaas is a very famous drink in north India, specially in Punjab.
- If after a meal you are suffering from bloating, gas, acidity or other digestive problems than desi chhaas is the best solution for you.
- To prepare this adds coriander leaves, mint leaves, some ginger, curd, a little thing, a pinch of rock salt, a pinch of black salt in a blender.
- Add 200 ml of water and blend it. Now pour it into a glass.
- Take a little cow ghee, mix some jeera or cumin seeds over flame. Pour it into the glass and enjoy.
- It is rich in vitamins, calcium and proteins.
- It helps to digest the meal and also provides energy to your body and instantly refreshes you.
- For best results, drink this after having the meal.
7. Pomegranate Smoothie:
- It is impossible not to mention smoothies in the discussion of health drinks. Pomegranate smoothie is one of the most tasteful and healthiest smoothies ever.
- To prepare pomegranate smoothie, add pomegranate arils in the juice extractor, extract the juice. Take 2 cups of juice in a blender, add 1 cup almond milk, add 2 teaspoons of honey in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (it is optional). Blend these ingredients well.
- Pomegranate has antioxidants that remove free radicals from your body, reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure. Vitamin C boosts immunity.
- It has antiviral and antibacterial properties in it.
- You can have this at your breakfast.
8. Beet-Ginger Juice:
- When we talk about juices, beet-ginger juice is a must-have drink for us.
- There are many ways to prepare beet-ginger juice.
- First, wash the beet and ginger, peel them and cut them into small pieces. Feed the ginger and beet roots into the blender. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice in it and blend it well. Add a pinch of black salt and enjoy it.
- It is a natural detoxifier, best for liver health. Beet gives your body immunity, improves blood flow, treats cold and sore throat. Ginger has some anti-cancerous properties also. This drink reduces bad cholesterol and makes your heart healthier.
- You can have this in the morning.
9. Gond katira:
- It is obtained from the sap of plants. Take half spoon gond in water and leave it for a few hours.
- Take 200 ml of water in a glass, add 2 teaspoons of mishri powder, add 1 lemon juice, add a pinch of black salt and 2 tablespoons of that gond katira. Mix it well.
- We mostly know it for its cooling effect, it energizes your body and reduces weakness. It also prevents heat stroke. Gond Katira sharbat is one of the best constipation killers.
- Have this drink early in the morning for best results.
10. Cucumber Cooler:
- If there is one drink that can give you the most relief after being exhausted by the scorching heat of the sun, it is cucumber cooler. This drink hydrates your body and gives energy in a minute. It is a mythical drink for weight loss.
- Feed 1 finely chopped cucumber in a blender, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, add a pinch of black salt, add a pinch of jeera powder, add 100 ml of water in it and blend it.
- This drink is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients detoxify your body, make you healthier. The fibers improve your digestive system.
- You can enjoy it during hot summer days.
11. Bael Sharbat OR Wood Apple Juice:
Bael or wood apple is a very common fruit in North Indian regions. There is probably no one who doesn't love this sharbat in hot weather. Not only beneficial, it is delicious in taste as well. It is one of the best natural energy drinks ever, it instantly charges you.
To make this drink, break the bael, scrape out the pulp with the help of a spoon, add a glass of water, properly mashup all, strain the extra pulp and seeds out, sweeten it with mishri powder.
It is rich in nutrients like fiber, vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, iron.
This drink charges you up. It purifies blood, cures asthma, aids digestion. This drink is great for the kidneys. The bael sharbat is best for lactating women, it increases breast milk production in the body. It controls diarrhea, constipation, cholesterol as well.
Drink this during summer days.
12. Watermelon Mint Cooler:
- Watermelon mint cooler is a body detoxifier that flushes out all the toxins from the body. It gives a blast of energy and hydrates you.
- To prepare this, take some diced watermelon, add some mint leaves, add a pinch of black salt and blend it.
- This drink gives you hydration, strengthens the immune system. The lycopene of watermelon is great for the eyes. It also helps in the weight loss process. It controls cholesterol levels and is good for the heart.
- During summer, you can enjoy this.
13. Tomato Mint Juice:
- If you work out every day, you want to lose weight, nothing is much better than the tomato mint juice. It gives proper nutrients to your body.
- First add 200 gm of tomato in a blender. Add half teaspoon ginger, some mint leaves, a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of black salt in it and blend it well. Your tomato mint juice is ready to have.
- A Tomato is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- This tomato mint juice increases your immunity, improves your skin, regularizes digestion, prevents blood clotting and controls cholesterol levels. It boosts your eye health.
- You can drink this throughout the year.
14. Sugarcane Juice:
- Sugarcane juice is the natural powerhouse of energy. It is the best source of sucrose. It has some antifogging properties as well.
- Sugarcane is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, iron, calcium and phosphorus.
- It is great for liver health; it cures jaundice. It has a low glycemic index. Furthermore, it cures the common cold, increases your immunity. It prevents tooth decay. Removes bad breath.
- Have this drink during the daytime.
15. Coconut Water:
- Coconut water is the best natural energy drink ever. This is Biologically the purest drink.
- You just have to cut the coconut and sip it.
- Coconut water is full of nutrients. It has perfect electrolyte balance in it. It is a great source of potassium and sodium minerals.
- This drink detoxifies your body, instantly hydrates you, gives you energy, controls blood pressure and prevents kidney stones. Coconut water is best for diabetic patients.
- Have this throughout the year before 12 pm.
Water is the best drink for all living beings. The role of water in our life is immense. We all know that 70% of our body is composed of water. According to experts, it is important to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Whenever you feel thirsty, get up first and drink water.
So, these are some natural health drinks that definitely make you healthier. Here I include juices, smoothies and many more. These health drinks are also great in taste.
Through this article, I want to give you a clear idea about health drinks. From here, you can choose the best health drinks for you and add to your diet plan. By consuming these health drinks throughout the year, you can definitely see the improvement in your health.
Last but not the least, drink lots of water, try these drinks and stay healthy.